All bookings are made with Andrew Grimes of Andy Grimes Coaching and Guiding, (here in after referred to as The Company) whose office is 8 Glanrafon Terrace, Nant Peris, Gwynedd, LL55 4UF. The Director of The Company is Andrew Grimes.Book a place, complete the download Booking Form and send it to The Company with payment in full. Unless the trip is full, you will receive confirmation of booking and course information via email.The final balance should reach The Company no later than 20 days before the course. If the balance is not received by the specified date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be forfeited, unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by the Director of The Company. Bookings accepted after the balance due date can be secured with the appropriate deposit and full payment must then reach us within 7 days of us confirming your booking.We accept payment by cheque, PayPal, or bank transfer. ALL PAYMENTS to Andrew Grimes.Notice of cancellation must be given in writing. Should you cancel, the following scale of charges will apply:
Similar terms are adopted throughout the leisure industry and cover the costs of advance payments made by The Company.
If you wish to transfer from one course to another, an administration charge of £50 will be payable, up to the time that the final balance becomes due. Any transfer after this point will be treated as a cancellation. A transfer request must be notified in writing and will not be agreed on the original course booked until the administration charge has been received.Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realised that with this type of adventurous activity changes to the programme will occur from time to time. The Company accepts neither responsibility nor liability, for any ensuing costs, or the consequences of any such change, however caused.Circumstances may arise where we are forced to alter dates, course duration, or venues before a course starts. We will inform you of any such changes as soon as we know of them.On assessing the river conditions expected to be encountered or the abilities of the course students, our coaches may decide to alter any proposed plan, river objective, river section or activity if they believe that to continue with the published itinerary, or any latterly agreed alternative, would place anyone at undue risk.Our coaches will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the course team as a whole. Signing the booking form signifies your acceptance of the coaches authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, the coach may require an individual or individuals to leave the course if they believe: a person or persons health is at risk, if an illegal act is committed, or a person or persons' behaviour may become, or has been, detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group.A client leaving a course at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund unless agreed by a Director of The Company.We receive regular Travel Advice from the UK Foreign Office (FO). We will not knowingly operate courses in contravention of such advice if it is published before the start date of a course.We will cancel a course if the FO Advice effectively puts the destination country or significant parts of the country out of bounds such as to make the course objective untenable. If the main river objective remains achievable in observance of the FO Advice, we will alter the itinerary and the expedition will not be cancelled. For example, the FO may advise that it is unsafe to travel through an area which lies on the published approach. In such circumstances, if the river can be reached by using an alternative route, we will do so and the trip will not be cancelledIf the FO does not issue advice against travel, a disinclination to travel on the basis of a perceived threat or hazard, howsoever formed, will be interpreted as a voluntary cancellation and the charges set out in booking condition 5 will applyAll persons should consult their own government for advice on travel to the destination country and all countries transited en route.Course sizes described in this online brochure are target sizes and may be changed at the discretion of The Company.We reserve the right to cancel any course which does not receive sufficient bookings to make it financially viable.Anyone booked onto a course cancelled by The Company will be entitled to a full refund (excluding any personal costs incurred, such as travel and accommodation costs not included in the course fee). Anyone on such a course will be invited to transfer to another course and no transfer fee will be payable. Should they transfer to another course, any difference in price will be invoiced or credited accordingly.Neither The Company nor any of its representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on our courses, barring negligence by the company or it's staff, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property. The Company advises all persons to gain appropriate personal insurance.
- Cancellation more than 60 days before the course starts - 15% of course cost
- Between 59 and 29 before the course starts - 30% of total course cost
- Between 10 and 28 days before the course starts - 60% of total course cost
- Less that 10 days before the course starts -100% of total course cost
The Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences, whatever they may be.In the event of civil unrest in a particular region, we undertake to inform our clients of the situation as soon as we have knowledge of it.Having made every effort to ensure the correctness of this website, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.Prices in this online brochure are based on costs as of January, 2014. We sincerely hope that surcharges will not be necessary, but in the unlikely event that they are, you may cancel your booking without penalty if the surcharge amounts to more than 10% of the cost of the course.The Company's agents and representatives, other than a Director of The Company, are not entitled to promise refunds for whatever reason, and The Company will not be bound by any such promises.These booking conditions may only be waived in special circumstances, and in writing, by a letter from a Director of The CompanyThe terms and conditions of all agreements made with The Company shall be subject to, and governed by, British law.When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.
Disclosure of Risk
Fluid Combinations asks you to read the following. It may have a bearing on your safety and that of others that are involved in courses with you.
Fluid Combinations has legal & regulatory obligations to provide a duty-of-care to all that participate in any of our courses. As you would expect we take all reasonable steps to provide the level of care & assurances of safety that are appropriate to each of the courses. You should be aware that there will always be certain risks that are inherent to kayaking. It is not possible to eliminate these risks without destroying the character & experience of each course.
Participants are strongly advised to arrange their own insurance cover. The company is unable to offer any form of insurance cover (other than public liability).
The level of real, as opposed to perceived risk associated with the activities is very low. However, the types of risk may be something with which you are not ordinarily familiar. For avoidance of uncertainty, environments and situations that you may encounter include:
- Rough / rugged terrain: this may cause you to experience greater than usual strain on joints & muscles
- Physical effort: our courses may involve you in a greater level of exertion than in your usual day-to-day environment.
- Height & water: whilst appropriate safety precautions are taken, some people can find situations on the water to be stressful.
- Natural environment: most likely to be a rapid & significant change in the weather, or unstable/slippery conditions underfoot, but can also include rock falls, lightening etc.
- Slips & trips: the most common cause of accident throughout society, the opportunity for slips, trips & falls is likely to be greater than that which you usually experience.
- Loss or damage: the environments and courses that you choose to experience may increase the potential for loss of or damage to your personal clothing or equipment.
As well as Fluid Combinations part in ensuring as safe an environment as possible for each course, participants also have a responsibility for safety. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Medical: Please make us aware of medical condition(s) or injuries, past or present. We can then agree with you whether or not you should participate.
- Disabilities: Disabled persons are welcome to participate in courses. Please send details of your specific needs to the company at the time of booking.
- Fears & phobias: Before commencing any course, please ensure that we are aware if you have any major concerns, fears or phobias about the situation(s) in which you are choosing to place yourself. We will work with you to help ease your feelings of discomfort/apprehension/fear, & ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
- Drugs & alcohol: It is potentially highly dangerous to participate in any course whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Fluid Combinations reserves the right to prevent any person participating in any course, should we suspect that they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Instruction: You must accept & act upon all direction & instruction from our instructors.
- Water Competence: All participants must be able to swim 25m and be confident swimming in open water.
- Spectacles: May be worn at the discretion of the Course Director. It is recommended that spectacles are impact resistant with plastic lenses and frames. The wearer must accept that injury may still occur if any form of spectacles are worn and accept full responsibility for any such injury
- Contact lenses: May be worn by participants at their own risk. .
Fluid Combinations may require any participant to leave the course if that person acts in any such manner as to endanger him/herself or any other participant. The Course Director may require any participant to leave the course if that person is not of a suitable standard to be on that particular course.
Equipment and Clothing
- Participants on Coaching Courses must provide their own equipment and clothing; all equipment must be suitable for the conditions of the day and course booked onto and will be checked by the Course Director.
- Equipment may be available from Fluid Combinations. Some courses may include the use of equipment whereas others may require a hire fee.
- Damage or loss to centre equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time at current replacement value.